Instructions & Materials, University of Illinois at Chicago
Information session: We encourage all prospective students to attend an information session, held on the first Monday of each month in room 607 of 1919 West Taylor at 5:30 p.m. No reservations are required. If you have additional questions after attending an information session, please call Kirsten Straughan at (312) 996-7890.
The following instructions pertain to all undergraduate programs administered by the Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition.
UIC has instituted a new system which allows you to submit your application form and fee online; to upload all required and optional forms and materials in support of your application; and for your recommenders to upload letters. Instructions for uploading supplemental materials can be found at the UIC Admissions page.
Please visit the Office of Admissions website and select the “Apply Transfer” option to start the application process. You have the option of applying with the UIC Web Application, or the Common Application. Either option is appropriate.
Once you finalize and submit your application and the application fee, the system will send you further instructions (typically on the next business day) on using the application checklist to upload supplemental application materials.
Please note that you do not have to enter and submit all application information, or upload all materials, at one sitting. You can return to the system as many times as you need to. You can also return to the system checklist as often as you like to see what materials have been successfully uploaded, and subsequently verified as received by the department.
Applicants to the Coordinated Program in nutrition must submit:
- 2 Letters of recommendation addressing your strengths and weaknesses. Information on submitting letters of recommendation can be found at uic.edu/depts/oar/undergrad/document_upload.html
- Prerequisite Form
- Transcripts: A transcript from each college or university you have attended must be submitted even if only one course was taken. Transcripts must include all course work through the current fall term. Request that the registrar at each school you have attended send a copy of your transcript from that school directly to the University of Illinois at Chicago, Office of Admissions and Records (MC 018), Box 5220, Chicago, Illinois 60680-5220. Submit a transcript for any course work completed after your application is submitted. This is required even if the courses do not satisfy program prerequisites. It is your responsibility to request that transcripts be sent to UIC. To determine your cumulative grade point average, course work completed during the most recent term will be included. Be sure to request the most recent term completed.
- Top applicants (finalists) will be invited to attend an admissions interview. This will be arranged with the Director of Coordinated Programs and while required, is not part of the electronic document upload process.
For questions on the admission requirements of the undergraduate Coordinated Nutrition Program of the Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, contact Jamie Shifley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intercollege transfer students only
Intercollege transfer students are undergraduate students who
- are currently enrolled at the University of Illinois at Chicago, or
- have been accepted to the University of Illinois at Chicago for Spring 2015 or earlier.
If you are in this category, you need only submit:
- College of Applied Health Sciences Information Form
- Prerequisite Form
- 2 Recommendation Letters addressing your strengths and weaknesses
- Written Interview Questions
You do not need to submit an undergraduate application, fee, or UIC transcript. Additional transcripts must be submitted only if you have attended other institutions since enrolling at UIC.
Admission Documents: Coordinated Program in Nutrition
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition
College of Applied Health Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
1919 West Taylor
Room 650, MC 517
Chicago, Illinois 60612-7256
International and immigrant/other noncitizen applicants only:
Additional information for international and noncitizen applicants can be found on the Office of Admissions website. The following materials must also be submitted the following materials:
- Evidence of Immigration and Naturalization Service Documentation: Applicantsgranted immigrant, permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee, parolee or conditional entrant status must attach a clear photocopy (front and back) of your Alien Registration Card and/or other appropriate INS documentation. Be aware that submission of these copies is no guarantee of their acceptability and that additional documentation and/or review of original documents may be required.
- English Proficiency Requirements: UIC requires submission of a valid English proficiency test scores for all non-native English speakers. These requirements are set per country/territory. TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE Academic are the only tests accepted as evidence of English proficiency. Information regarding acceptable test scores can be found on the Office of Admissions website. All test scores must be official and must be sent directly from the testing institution. In general, if a student has completed a minimum of two years of full-time, transferable study at the secondary or collegiate level in the United States, the Office of Admissions may consider waiver of the requirement. Test scores may be no more than two years old.
- Evidence of Financial Support: Applicants who require an F-1/J-1 visa must submit evidence of financial support through (1) a notarized Declaration of Finances Form, and (2) Immigration and Naturalization Services Affidavit of Support Form (I-134) executed by the sponsor; or a notarized affidavit of support executed by the sponsor. Any of these forms must be notarized and accompanied by a copy of a bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds in U.S. dollars (checking accounts are unacceptable).